On Sep 9, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Hannes Magnusson wrote:

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 13:20, Brandon Savage<bran...@brandonsavage.net> wrote:
This documentation already exists in that section.

I'll amend my diff to reference this section. Something along the lines of
"PHP 5's object model also significantly changes the way objects are
handled, and each variable representation contains an object identifier instead of the object itself. Passing objects by reference is no longer
necessary. See Objects and References."

Sounds good (but please stop top-posting).

Since this chapter is being heavily worked on now, I'd like to see the
PHP5 object model to be talked about as nothing is more normal. As in,
don't compare it to php4 or say stuff like "no longer have to".. That
should be in the upgrade guides, or in a special appendix called
"differences compared to php5" in the php4-oo docs.

-Hannes

From a (natural) language learning perspective, this is by far the preferred method. Good call!

Ted Stresen-Reuter
http://tedmasterweb.com