On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 06:13:14PM -0800, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> Our certs are fine and
> can be trusted and provides the encryption we need.  If you don't want
> to trust other cacert-based ones don't install the root and just tell
> your browser to accept the php.net ones permanently.

Which is exactly what I was suggesting without directly saying so.  I
feel we should encourage people accept the php.net certs rather than
installing CA's root certificate.

That root cert is valid all the way back to 2003, so it includes an
unknown (at least to me) number of certificates issued without proper
verification prior to 2009.

Sorry for causing confusion via my shorthand / requiring people to read
my mind,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/