On Mar 29, 2010, at 12:03 AM, Timo Witte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what do i have to do to get SVN Access? I want to document the Gearman PECL
> Extension a little bit better for german and english translation, there are
> no (not much) examples in the documentation and the parameters are not well
> documented.

Great, please have a look here:

  - http://wiki.php.net/doc/howto

The basic steps are:

  1. Create a few notable patches, to show you're a real human desiring to do
real work
  2. Someone looks over it and determines step #1 passes :) And also helps with
coding standards
  3. You apply for a SVN account, it's accepted, with karma is granted to the
doc module
  4. You make commits
  5. The world becomes a better place

The most basic issues people have early on are:

  - Whitespace. Should be no tabs, and XML is intended one space.
  - The patch mixes in whitespace changes (makes it difficult to read)
  - Breaks build. Be sure to run configure.php first

Use the mailing list or IRC (Efnet #php.doc) if help creating/testing patches
(or for anything else) is desired.

Regards,
Philip