I'm just putting back the subject here ;-)

Actually translating French doc, I noticed that few days ago, a change to
the original (en) source from PCRE had a huge diff deleting all the
"available since PHP4.X.Y". Same inside other sources from En doc.

So, what to do ?

I'm +1 to put away all the references with "PHP4" inside. We all know PHP4
is not supported any more, it should just move to the museum.
Actually, I'm reading and correcting typos in the Fr doc, should I go to
remove everything talking about PHP4 (obviously except the specific chapter
about PHP4 objects) ?

Exemple from session : "PHP_INI_ALL in PHP <= 4.2.3. PHP_INI_PERDIR in PHP <
5. Available since PHP 4.0.3"
That is something really boring to read, confusing, and completly out of
date.

J.Pauli