Hannes Magnusson <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 16:43, Richard Riley <rile...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hannes Magnusson <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> writes:

>>> What is your test url? Are you attempting to go through the error handler?
>>> Have copied the virtualhost example from http://php.net/mirroring?
>>>
>>> -Hannes
>>
>> test url? This is a local vhost. Go through the error handler? Sorry, I
>> dont know what that means.
>>
>> php.net with a localhost /etc/hosts entry.
>
> http://localhost/strpos
> or
> http://localhost/manual-lookup.php?pattern=strpos
>
> or what exactly isn't working? And what is the error you are getting?
>
> -Hannes

?? As I said I configured a vhost with a hosts entry.

so its php.net/blah and as I said earlier the web itself is working but
its not finding the docs - hence my Q above about what needs linking and
where - the docs are wrong and inconsistent.

Let me get back to you after using the rsync at php.net/mirroring : I
suspect after the faffing aruond with phd, this mirror rsync should just
work. Copying as we speak.