Hi.

Just looking at the errors produced by DocGen when building the
skeletons for the functional extension
(https://github.com/lstrojny/functional-php)

As this extension uses namespaces (and so does the Dev2 branch of the
pecl/http extension), docgen is complaining (at least on Windows) due
to the filenames that are attempting to be created are in a
non-existent directory; e.g.

L:\Manual\PHP\doc-all\en\reference\functional\functions\Functional\all.xml

The "Functional\" part is the namespace.

Do we want the namespace to be a sub directory or do we want name the
'\' in the namespace translated to '_' or '-' or something like that?

In the surface of it, I think having the subdirectories would seem to
make sense. That way an extension can potentially provide multiple
namespaces and the contents of each are nicely separated.

But I'm not the architect here so just letting you all know the issue
at the moment.

Currently the DocGen code errors out attempting to write a file to a
non-existent directory.

Forcing '\' to '-' (like '_' is changed to '-') would allow for an
easy fix, though I don't know what complications would come as a
result.

Richard.

--
Richard Quadling