On Jul 7, 2011, at 3:16 PM, Jesus M. Castagnetto wrote:

> OK, domo arigato for the info.
>
> Just saw that they have a demo. Will try that and if it works well I will
> check for a classroom license so my GUI-biased students might be happier :-)
>
> Philip: emacs? you kids these days :-)
>
> This concludes me hijacking the thread, so we can go to the regularly
> scheduled one.
>
> /me with flu at home and bothering the phpdoc list

It's all good, well except the part about having the flu.

As for PHP+IDE+Docs, the first IDE (that I know of) that will use PhD_IDE to
generate syntax highlighting files is PhpStorm. The next is Textmate (I'm
helping), and the third will probably be Netbeans.

There are still a few bugs/kinks to work out but once we solve those then I
think the IDE scene will have updated PHP files for proper syntax highlighting
and code completion. Before now, most hacks to generate these (that I've
stumbled upon) involve web scraping and HTML parsing.

Regards,
Philip