On Nov 22, 2011, at 9:35 AM, Pierre Joye wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Hannes Magnusson
> <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> They are but we removed the warnings to ease migration.
>>>

>> No they are not deprecated.
>> The feature itself is deprecated,
>
> The feature is removed in 5.4, not deprecated. So the function to
> check if MQ is enabled or not has been kept as convenience only for
> now and is deprecated. Please refer to the discussion about that on
> the internals mailing list. We only agreed on removing the warnings as
> it makes no sense to be noisy in this case.

I cannot find a discussion or decision. An old patch was applied that
lacked an associated RFC. People later noticed the E_DEPRECATED error,
so it was removed. That's how I see it, at least, so I do not feel
comfortable deprecating these. We've already made this sort of mistake
in the past (e.g., $str{42}), so we should not do it again until this
topic is clarified by the dev team.

Regards,
Philip