Yes, you can. You can apply patches sent by users of the online editor, as
long as you credit them. However, read the translation rules before any
commit: http://wiki.php.net/doc/translations/pt_br. The most important rule
is: TEST before commiting.

You should also read, and follow, the docs manual:
https://wiki.php.net/doc/howto. And make sure your local build is synced
with both EN and pt_BR. The patches currently awaiting for approval in the
online editor have been rejected since they break the build and are not
following the translation rules.

By the way, cURL is not the focus of pt_BR right now.