On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Hannes Magnusson <hannes.magnus...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Thats not entirely true.
> Most extensions are fairly self contained, especially the ones that
> aren't consider _core_ functionality.
> As long as the entity files (language-defs.ent and friends) are
> translated there should be no risks, especially for an extension that
> doesn't get changed frequently like cURL.

The thing that you don't understand is how the pt_BR is outdated and out of
sync. It is truly volatile and hacked-together. Some commits were made just
to fix missing references, instead of syncing the whole affected document.
Recently we had updates to the cURL extension and the build broke due to
missing references. Same happened when SimpleXML was updated. Also, our
build tends to break with apparently harmless EN updates.

Even though cURL isn't changed frequently, there's a 2 or 3 year gap
between EN and pt_BR. This applies for lot's of documents in pt_BR. We're
currently fixing this, but "language" and "security" are much more
important than "reference" right now.