> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 02:32:44 -0400
> From: theanomaly...@gmail.com
> To: christopher.jo...@oracle.com
> CC: phpdoc@lists.php.net; php-webmas...@lists.php.net
> Subject: [PHP-DOC] Re: [PHP-WEBMASTER] Re: [PHP-DOC] Improving User Notes In
> The Manual -- First Steps
>
> Sorry, forgot to reply to all...
>

> So far that's two people that have expressed a concern against the
> feature. I seem to be the only one that thinks it's a good idea.
> Everybody else is indifferent or hasn't voiced their opinion on the
> matter. While two against one is large in ratio I believe the sample
> size is incredibly small and thus the possibility of error is likely
> to be high. Clearly, I'm in the minority.
>
> ...>
> I appreciate and welcome all constructive criticism and I'll take this
> as a learning experience :)

I personally think we should have both the flagging system and the up/down
voting of comments. One main reason I can think of that would make the flagging
system more successful in picking up on "bad" notes is that it's a specific
feature that will only be used for singling out comments that should not be
there. Whereas with the down voting system of a comment, users may misuse or
abuse this if they're wanting to get their own note above the other notes. This
would make it rather ambiguous as to what notes are actually considered "bad"
and need to be moderated.
That's my two cents at least. Thanks,
--Thomas