<snip>

Even from a purely selfish point of view, I'm a big fan of migrating
to Git: it would make developing documentation for big chunks of work
(migration guides, significant new extensions, and so on) much easier
by allowing that work to take place in a fork, or on a local branch.
If it helps other people to collaborate as well, so much the better.

Plus, again selfishly, it would remove the last thing I use SVN for. :)

The tooling argument's a fair one, though, and something that we'd
have to work through.

Adam