On 19 August 2013 09:36, Chris Wright <c...@daverandom.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys/Gals

Hi Chris!

> I would like to get more involved with the docs team.

Good to hear.

> I have already created a couple of patches:
>
> https://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=331156
> https://edit.php.net/?patchID=952&project=PHP

Thanks for your contributions thus far.

> ....and I would appreciate any feedback you might have on these. I
> would also like to
> get more involved in moderating other patches - I see several
> outstanding patches that
> look like a decisive action could be taken that have been waiting for
> some time, a
> month or more,

That is something we haven't been very good at. Anyone willing to do a
little bit of leg-work on that front would be welcome.

> and I would also like to get involved by helping to document new
> features and changes as they are added to PHP.

> - Chris Wright (DaveRandom)

I'd encourage you to keep doing work in the online editor, saving patches,
etc.  Also, fill out the PHP Account Request Form (ignore all of the Git
references, for now) at http://www.php.net/git-php.php as I'd be more than
happy to see you join us.

I think I've already given you the links to our "documentation how-to"
pages. Study them. If you're brave enough, get a local checkout of the
documentation so you can make, and importantly validate, changes locally.

Cheers,

Peter