Hello,

The mailing list is generally here for people working on documentation and
it treats issues such as broken mirror, broken builds, etc.

But since we're already here, there are three php ini settings you are
looking at in terms of file uploads. The one you mentioned,
"file_uploads"[2] has in fact a boolean value and it just covers weather
they are allowed or not.

In terms of the max size allowed, you have two php ini directives:
"post_max_size"[3] which gives you the overall size of posted data, and
"upload_max_filesize"[1] which limits the maximum file size of an uploaded
file. There are a couple of more settings such as the max number of
uploaded files and the upload temp directory, but people generally use the
defaults for that.

Refferences:
[1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.upload-max-filesize
[2] http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.file-uploads