I'm glad you like the idea, and you ask a good question. It has always
seemed to me that right at the bottom we have service-oriented
components and resource-oriented components, and that the service
oriented ones can all be totally different but that at one level the
resource-oriented ones are all the same - there should be a CRUD
component at the top/bottom from which they all inherit, and
rest.resource inherit from that. What useful shared logic it could
have I don't know - perhaps it is just an interface i.e. method
signatures and constants.