On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 09:26:11AM +0200, Alexander Burger wrote:
> > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.postscript/msg/d0434400d0f37ccf
> > where /StringWidthRecursive calculates the on the fly.  It
> Looks like a good compromise to me :-)

Yep. Implemented it now. I wrote two simple PostScript functions and put
them into a "lib/head.ps" header file. This file is now included from
"lib/ps.l".

You can get it with the current testing release. With that, the most
annoying problem seems to be solved :-)

However, the russian document printing still does not work (neither does
the japanese). But this is probably a problem of missing fonts, and that
matter of the definition of the proper encoding in "lib/head.ps".

Does anyone know a solution here?