Thorsten Jolitz <tjol...@gmail.com>
writes:

> andr...@itship.ch writes:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
>> I crafted a tiny logging tool consisting of one function and some
>> globals.
>> I'm new to picolisp (and its my first lisp), so feedback and advices are
>> greatly appreciated.
>
> great, thank you, I just did a quick first test and it worked:
>
> ,-------------------------------------
> | : (setq *LogOn T)
> | -> T
> | : INFO|Test of new logging framework
> `-------------------------------------
>
> I think this will be quite useful for me, even if its not 100pc
> compatible with PicoLisp philosophy, and when I first looked at the code
> I thought the file must be incomplete because it was so small ;)

after testing a bit more I have one question:

It seems the levels 'warning and 'error unconditionally print their
messages when *LogOn is set to them, but from my understanding these
levels would eventually be turned-on in production code and thus
should only print something when something goes wrong in the program
execution.

Would it be possible to only log messages from catched error with level
'warning and try to log some system information when there is a real
uncatched error with log-level 'error? So that level 'warning would
become the default level for production code and nothing is printed as
long as the program runs smoothly?

--
cheers,
Thorsten