I feel like I have changed the original now to such an extent that I don't
have to ask anymore :-) It feels like a derivative work.

However, attribution is kept in the source:
https://bitbucket.org/hsarvell/ext/raw/b2516583e54a97c0e903dcb5b63b0b3cb8c1934a/log.l

And here: https://bitbucket.org/hsarvell/ext

Only difference in behaviour is that if you do for instance (setq *LogOn T)
results will be unpredicable, it needs to be set to NIL or one of the four
values, for instance (setq *LogOn 'debug).

Enjoy!