Hi Alex,

I am trying to compile the latest picolisp 3.1.10 on 32 bit ARM.

I remember I sent a patch fixing ARM compilation a while ago but that
wasn't accepted, because the aditional cases would make the Makefile
"ugly".

I ca fix it quickly simply by calling

   (cd src ; sed -i s/-m32//g Makefile)

but then I get another error which I don't remember seeing before:

   gcc -o ../lib/ext -shared -export-dynamic ext.o  -lcrypt
   /nix/store/gkg7ha29gwl5vci9khk1x86zhbc6ayc7-binutils-2.23.1/bin/ld:
   ext.o: relocation R_ARM_MOVW_ABS_NC against `Nil' can not be used when
   making a shared object; recomp\ile with -fPIC
   ext.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
   Makefile:151: recipe for target '../lib/ext' failed
   make: *** [../lib/ext] Error 1

So my questions:

1) is it ok to simply compile everything with -fPIC?  E.g. fixing the
   makefile by calling

   (cd src ; sed -i s/-m32/-fPIC/g Makefile)

   or the picolisp binary should not be compiled with -fPIC?

2) How do I run the picolisp test suite to verify, that the build is
   successful?

Thanks a lot,

Tomas