[reply to beneroth regarding git-hosting so a bit off-topic for
picolisp, just to quickly say...]

On 10 March 2017 at 02:17,  <andr...@itship.ch> wrote:
> ..[snip]..
> GitHub:
> On 2017-03-01 GitHub introduced new Terms of Service (which you
> automatically accept by continueing to use their service)
> ..[snip]..
> Some projects already moved away from GitHub because of this.
>
> https://www.mirbsd.org/permalinks/wlog-10_e20170301-tg.htm
> http://joeyh.name/blog/entry/removing_everything_from_github/

..many thanks for pointing this out (the new TOS seems to have gone
live 9 days ago). This sort of thing is why there was such a
long-winded debate on debian-devel mailing-list about migrating to a
git platform - but not to github, bitbucket, etc - not even to
gitlab.com (uses non-free enterprise-gitlab). I'd always felt mixed
about hosting F/LOSS on github (initially done as a shortcut around
the time/cost of setting up self-hosting), so I stealth-migrated my
repos to a few other platforms last year and then decided my real move
would be to self-hosted gogs, and in light of this news I'll push that
schedule rather than grokking github-legalese, so thanks. From what
Thorsten says in one of those links, it seems there's only an issue
for a github-hosted repo when commits are made after 1 March, which
gives a little wiggle-room for now, and luckily git makes migration
super-easy.

--
Rowan Thorpe
----