Thank you very much for that quick reply, Alex.

But no luck so far.

Thanks for your hints and explanations. Another install approach by downloading the apk from the softlab url finishes in the same result.

I'm using a SM-T719 tablet, which some day got the update to android 7 (german language) and I do not have any clue how to use it beyond 'open termux and do command line things' and 'open browser and do web view things' :-)

Storage permissions, though, I granted before :-)

It looks like I'm not able to share (senden (??) in german) 'the downloaded zip file' to the Pilbox app, because Pilbox App is not offered as target of that file action.

The dialog box Shares (german "Freigabe" is shown) offers Termux, TotalCommander, Bluetooth, Email, Wi-Fi Direct and others, but no Pilbox.

Little progress is shown on my dtek50 blackberry with android 6.0.1:
 + installed apk directly from your website,
 + granted storage+location permissions,
 + downloaded via firefox the zip files from your website
+ opened the 'Downloads' app (on bb/android 6.0.1 there is one, on sm-t719/android 7.0 there was 'Eigene Dateien')
 + tap on one of the zip entries
==> voila: start screen of Pilbox shows the buttons to launch the application so this is nearer to what's expected than on the other device/android combination

But all three tapped buttons result in a "Not Found" page - looks like this comes from the Pilbox local app server(?).

Might have to do with blackberry android specialities???, I don't know.

But it seems, that behaviour differs between android 6 and android 7 ?.

My GT-I9100 with android 4.1.2 (CyanogenMod I think) is too old to be supported by Pilbox, I guess.

By the way, the Settings screen of the bb/android_6 Pilbox lists the PILs as PIL-377 PIL-378 .... not as PIL-calc or PIL-hello as shown in the wiki article

So far for the moment,
I really have to quit now, no time to get involved deeper in the quest.

Greetings, Olaf