I'm running LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1) and successfully installed PilBox and the demo "calc.zip".

As Olaf mentioned, PilBox does not appear in the "Share" menu, and i'm not sure why.

However when I download the file from https://software-lab.de/calc.zip (Firefox), I get a notification from "Download Manager". When I press the notification, PilBox appears and calc.zip gets installed.

Also note, I had to "force stop" PilBox for the calculator to appear, otherwise I get "Not Found" page (404?).

Hope this helps.

AW