> On Dec 30, 2018, at 23:11, Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Jean-Christophe,
>
>> I wanted to use tables for that but could not find them in the wiki syntax...
>> Checking the lib.l in the wiki code I found that it seemed relatively simple
>> to add them.
>
>> Is it a design choice to not have included them ?
>
> I never really thought about adding tables. Is it really so simple (not the
> implementation, but the markup syntax)? It would need something like the
> *{ -{...} ...} or +{ -{...} ...} syntax for lists. What would you
> propose?

What about this ?

t{ r{ c{...} c{...}}
   r{ c{...} c{...}}}

Of course, it doesn't have to be t, r, c.
It could be:

[{ ~{ |{...} |{...}}
   ~{ |{...} |{...}}}

And from what I'm seeing in lib.l where there is no check regarding whether
something like the following would work:

("t"  # Table
   (_render "table") )
("r"  # Table row
   (_render "tr") )
("c"  # Table cell
   (_render "td") )

but then, I don't understand (yet) why you're not using letters for the wiki
syntax...

Jean-Christophe Helary