On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 06:30:15AM -0700, C K Kashyap wrote:
> 1. use (echo "\"volume\"") - this way any "volume" inside a string will not
> be confused

Yes, or even better include the colon "\"volume\":".

> 2. use (echo "," "}") so that it works with values that are the last entry
> in the dictionary

Right! Then remember it locally to output again.

Instead of

   (echo ",")
   (prin ".0,")

you can do

   (and (echo "," "}") (prin ".0" @)

As a benefit, this also handles the case when no comma or brace is found (though
it would be illegal Json then).

> I feel that I may be pushing it - but is there some way I could deal with
> an array too - {"somekey": [1, 2.0, 3]} :)

'readJson' handles arrays. It returns them as lists naturally. If you want to
keep the info that it was an array, pass T to 'readJson', it will then mark the
list with a T in the first element.

☺/ A!ex