I get a feeling that most of the folks on this list have Alex as the first
name :)

Here's my problem. I am convinced that PicoLisp is my final language but
unfortunately I am unable to use it on Windows where I have to spend most
of the time :(
I just got it working with SDL on windows a couple of weeks ago (It's on my
github page but I have not talked about it since it needs polishing :) )

It would be great if picoLisp could have a OS abstraction layer that
normalizes all the POSIX calls - while P in POSIX is meant to be portable -
my personal experience has been that there are subtle differences between
HPUX/AIX/Solaris and GNU/Linux - ofcourse this personal experience is from
15 years ago so  I am not sure of the current situation.  One could then
implement the OS abstraction layer on windows and have picoLisp running on
windows too. Actually, its not just windows - this approach could perhaps
make it easier for other platforms too - but since most new platforms
support GNU/Linux these days, perhaps there is not a strong motivation
there.

Anyway, I agree with your statements Alex.

Regards,
Kashyap