Alex–
The following may also temporarily solve the problem, at least for anyone using
Android 10. It is taken from the document you linked:

Before your app is fully compatible with scoped storage, you can temporarily
opt out by using the following method:
If you target Android 10 (API level 29), set the value of
requestLegacyExternalStorage to true in your app's manifest file.

Shaughan

Sent from ProtonMail mobile