Hi Jason,

> >Can you debug this a little more? E.g. look at the output of (traceAll) and
> >see
> > *where* exactly it happens.
>
> That's the whole problem - doesn't 'traceAll' depend on Debug Mode
> being enabled by trailing '+' ?

Oh, right, you said it happens only if *not* in debug mode.

Still, as I said, I'm quite sure it does not directly have to do with debug
mode. Rather it looks like a heisenbug to me, where the error appears and
disappears depending on unrelated things like memory or stack layout, timing
etc.

It *can* be, though, that your program conflicts with stuff loaded only in debug
mode.

I did not succeed to test it here, but some parts of your code look suspicioos,
at least noy following the Pil conventions. Perhaps some of your lower-cased
locally bound symbbls conflict somewhere?

In any case you could try other ways to debug it without complete debug mode,
e.g. by inserting

   (msg '<1>)

or so in various parts of the program until you find which 'idx' call crashes,
and what the environment is at that moment.

☺/ A!ex