On Jan 9, 2010, at 4:28 PM, RonnyPfannschmidt wrote:

On Jan 7, 4:20 am, Tim <t...@tirfa.com> wrote:
I would like to try out the new 0.6 beta 3 of pida but I'm having
trouble getting it to build on Fedora 11. When I follow the
instructions for cloning from hg on trac (http://pida.co.uk/wiki/
InstallationHowto) I get the following error out of setup.py:

sphinx not found, skipping user docs
running build_ext
gdk-pixbuf-csource --static --build-list        \
                MOO_HIDE_ICON hide.png                  \
                MOO_CLOSE_ICON close.png                \
                MOO_STICKY_ICON sticky.png              \
                MOO_DETACH_ICON detach.png              \
                MOO_ATTACH_ICON attach.png              \
                MOO_KEEP_ON_TOP_ICON keepontop.png      \
> stock-moo.h.tmp && mv stock-moo.h.tmp stock-moo.h
/bin/sh: gdk-pixbuf-csource: command not found
make: *** [stock-moo.h] Error 127
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 202, in <module>
    data_files=data_files,
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/core.py", line 152, in setup
    dist.run_commands()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py", line 975, in
run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/dist.py", line 995, in
run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/command/build_ext.py", line 343,
in run
    self.build_extensions()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/distutils/command/build_ext.py", line 469,
in build_extensions
    self.build_extension(ext)
  File "setup.py", line 94, in build_extension
    cwd=os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__),'contrib/moo')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 462, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['make', 'prepare']' returned
non-zero exit status 2

I have gdk-pixbuff and gdk-pixbuff-devel installed from the Fedora
repositories but I can't seem to find a file named gdk-pixbuff-source
much less anything on the path.

Does anyone know of a fix or a workaround for this? I'm going to keep
looking but I figured that I would ask in case someone else runs into
this.

well, finally a reason to try fedora, i'll set up a vm and take a look

I figured part of it out but have been waiting for this to post to go through before I sent anything else.

I think that gdk-pixbuff-csource was part of gtk2-devel but I ended up installing that as part of another package. I'm in the process of re- installing fedora on my machine so I'll be going through this again soon, probably later today or tomorrow. I'll post fedora build instructions once I have that figured out.

I was also having some issues installing the beta on Fedora but haven't gotten around to figuring that out yet. 0.5 from the fedora repositories works but for some reason, the beta can't seem to find gvim, emacs or medit. I'll post more as I figure it out.

Tim