Hello,

On 2023-09-23 05:29, d tbsky wrote:
Hi:
    I tried to reindex everything at the testing environment. but the
error message is the same.
    I browse the mariadb data, and found that the purge mails seems
only left one empty record for each mail at the metadata table. I
don't know if this is true or not. I delete the empty record and the

It's correct. The pilerpurge.py script updates the metadata table with
empty values for the deleted emails, and removes connected entries in
the rcpt, tag, note, etc. tables.

error message disappear. but I don't know if this is the correct thing
to do.

The kill-list should work with manticore, too.

    I also think about the manticore new "RT" function.  I don't care
the delay of archived mails show at the search GUI. I want a reliable
system, when piler accept a mail, I hope the mail can be archived
safely. if something goes wrong like disk-full, mysq/manticore service
down, power failure..etc, piler won't accept the mail or can fix the
problem later(maybe via crontab works?). I don't know if using "RT"
would lower the archive quality. is "RT" the preferred method in the
future?

Piler requires several external services to work. It stores crucial metadata, etc. in mysql. If the mysql database is not available, then piler can't archive new emails, and can't retrieve anything having an attachment. Manticore (or sphinx) is also crucial as it indexes the archived data. If piler can't process the email that piler-smtp has written to disk, eg. no mysql, no manticore, disk
full or similar, then piler moves the email to /var/piler/error dir for
later investigation.

However, you are not forced to switch to RT index, feel free to use
the usual main-delta-deltadelta indexing scheme. I personally believe
that an RT index has some benefits, eg. new emails are immediately
visible on the gui, no need to run indexer periodically. No need to
watch if the index data files grow too large causing searchd a headache.
Also less i/o requirements when merging the dailydelta to the main index.
The merge requires the indexer utility to rewrite the main index.

Janos