On Sunday 24 December 2000 22:48, you wrote:

>       Time is the only limiting factor. You can go both ways. Ther'es a
> project on freshmeat which talkes to a digicam. I actually ripped apart
> the code for a serial sniffer I was trying to construct.

Excellent, I should hunt this one down and have a gander.  Methinks that just
about anything along the lines of brain food will be good.

>       How about keep the lens cap on. ?

Doesn't have one.  I figured that wrapped in the long sleeve of my sweatshirt
under a desk in my office after switching off the light would be sufficient -
I've not been dubbed Caveman for naught, you know ;-)  Am still getting areas
(top and left the image, mostly) of mixed bits of lighter spots - enough that
they show up in the thumbnail as well.  Will have them posted somewhere
reasonably soon.

>       What we actually need is an abstraction. Let's remove the image
> itself from the format it's presented in. Something like XML does for data
> vs. presentation. Just a thought, and I know I'm out of my league here. I
> know how to create and manipulate images like an expert, but not how to
> deconstruct them into their binary goo.

Would be nice, eh?

  -P

--