On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 09:10:26AM -0800, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>           then we begin "collapsing" the redundant binaries into
>           singular entities. The 'install-memos' and 'memos' binaries for
>           example, would either be collapsed into one called 'memos' with
>           a -install option, or pull all the 'install-foo' ones into one
>           binary called 'pilot-install' with an option -memo.

If the names of user-accessible utilities are going to change, this needs
to be reflected in the version number.  If there's a discontinuity, such
as existing names going away, or even if it's just an important new name
coming in, a version number such as 0.10.0 would be more appropriate than
0.9.6.  0.9.6 and particularly 0.9.5.1 (please let's not!) would indicate
minor changes which wouldn't require changes in people's scripts or typing
habits.

    John