On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 06:42, Ahmad Baitalmal wrote:
> Hi,
> I used pilot-link with a palm III and it worked great. I'm trying to find a
> way to sync my iPaq to the same data using pilot-link.
>
> The idea is that I would build some serial communication app that interacts
> with pilot-link as if it were a palm pilot.
> I'm not woried about the iPaq side, I guess what I'm really looking for is a
> simple pointer to "Where can I find the protocol documentation?" for the
> syncing process.
>
> Yes I know someone is building a palm os emulator for the ipaq, but that's
> overkill. I just want to sync pim data. All I want is the Protocol
> Documentation to build an application that pilot-link would think is a real
> palm device and interact with.

Basically I think you should work with the protocol-rewrite-branch in
cvs because we have better abstraction of the devices and you just need
to implement 5 routines as a serial device.  You then need to pick a
protocol stack to emulate, either the net/dlp protocols or slp/padp/dlp
protocol combo.  You then also need to send back data in an appropriate
format for addressbook, datebook, etc.

-JP