> I noticed another minor nit this morning with pilot-xfer (I should
> probably be reporting these via a bug buddy or something, right?).

        bugs.pilot-link.org =), I prefer Mantis.

> With the install option, pilot-xfer doesn't check for the existance of the
> file to load until after the pilot sync button as been pressed. It should
> probably do such checks before interacting with the pilot.

        EEK, ok, you're right there. There's a few other UI and error
condition checks that aren't quite what they should be in places.

        If you hit cancel while backing up, the file that was accessed last
may be written to disk "partially". That's going to be fixed before 0.10.1
is released.

        Also, there's no progress while big backups are happening, also
fixed in 0.10.1.

        Installs should probably not clobber existing versions, or be
prompted. I'll tinker with that as well.

        Fetch will just clobber any local copy of a file by the same name,
also not good.

        Backup with '-b' isn't as intuitive as it sounds, and if you're not
careful, may forget data. I had a user on irc tell me that he backed up his
Sony (yes, over USB), using just '-b', and he got Game.prc, wiped his Palm,
and restored from the backup, but his saved games were gone (likely Game.pdb
in some other location). '-b' should be an unconditional (non-ROM) backup,
taking everything, and the modifiers should restrict things like Unsaved
Preferences.prc and so on. It needs a few steps back to see what's best.

        Also, using -q for quiet instead of -v for verbose? Ick.

> This is with 0.9.5. I haven't checked other options which might have
> similar requirements.

        La la, connect the dots... =) Lots to do, lots to doooo....

/d