Here in the Seattle area we have Alaskan copper & brass. They can get about
everything.  I did see .001 shim stock in their catalogue.  Visit them at:
http://www.alaskancopper.com/

for the catalogue section I saw the shim see:
http://www.alaskancopper.com/HTML/products/millproducts/Brass.html

p.s. thank you to all you who replied re. the Pinhole camera obscura.  The
ideas are flowing I will let you know what I decide to do.

Jason Moodie
Sammamish High School Visual Arts Department
100 140th Ave SE Bellevue WA 98005
(425)456-7659