From: G.Penate [mailto:pen...@rogers.com]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 8:59 AM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] new to list/pinhole photography

Shelley,

Pinhole photography is in technical aspects not different than glass lens
photography.  Focal length, aperture (not aperture size), exposure, angle of
view, light fall off at the edges of film, reciprocity corrections, etc., are
all concepts that function the same whether the lens is a pinhole or a glass
lens.  Based on the above, it makes sense that the program have you doing
pinhole in 102 rather than in 101 as the latter course (hopefully) included all
of those concepts.

If you do a google search you are going to find several sites that have tables
with needle sizes and their diameters, George Smith's being one of them
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hmpi/Pinhole/Articles/Aperture/pin_aper.htm , but
if I were you and had access to a flat bed scanner, I would use it to measure
its actual size.  This small article I wrote tells you how to achieve that:
http://members.rogers.com/penate/diameter.htm

Guillermo