Phillip
Even if it has been done before you should consider doing it yourself and
you may gain new insight or be led along a different path to a new
revelation.
Thomas Bachler the German born pinhole artist in his recent exhibition and
book Arbeiten mit der Camera Obscura (Pinhole Exhibits),  published parallel
to the exhibition at Kunsterhaus, Gottingen. (2001) includes 'Scenes of
Crime' - where 'shooting' a picture is achieved through firing a gun into an
aperture-less camera containing the photosensitised material.   The gun's
trigger becomes the camera's shutter, penetrating the camera (and negative)
making the exposure and transforming
the scene into the 'scene of crime'.
RB
Ray Beckett