From: pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????
[mailto:pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????]On Behalf Of Eric S. Theise
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 4:10 PM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] used enlargers

D Hill writes:

>  I'll second Len's advice on a used D2 - they may be a bit more
> expensive than other used enlargers but it quite possibly is the last
> enlarger you will ever buy.

Glad to see this thread; I have an enlarger-related question that I'm
sure can be answered by people on this list.

I shoot 4 x 5.  I like printing the whole sheet of film, that is, all
the way to the edges, including where the film holder shows and the
identifying notches.  But on most of the enlargers I've tried, including
Omegas, it's impossible to get the whole sheet.  I've rigged up a glass
sandwich to hold the negative, but the apparatus still manages to roundly
clip off the corners.

Are there any 4 x 5 enlargers that will handle the full negative or do I
need to go to a larger size?

Thanks in advance, Eric

_