Guillermo, my brother and I thank you so much for the helpful advice.
I will certainly let you know how the camera turns out.

I quit my academic job 2 years ago to be at home with the girls full time. Lately my main subjects for photographs have been my daughters, but that's hard to do with a pinhole camera because they absolutely can't sit still. (They are four and two). The other night I tried to do an exposure of my older child while she was sleeping. She stayed in exactly the same position for such a long time. I'm wondering if it will turn out...

I hate to admit how difficult it is for me to find what I consider to be suitable subject-matter for a photograph. My children are significant to me in a way that a tree or a building can never be. But I love the long exposures with the pinhole camera because I feel I am capturing more time. I love standing around counting to myself and taking a picture while not looking through a viewfinder. This is a challenge that I am enjoying very much, and I appreciate the help.

Sarah