In a message dated 3/20/02 11:35:35 PM Central Standard Time,
pinholeren...@netscape.net writes:

<< the epson 2450 is a great scanner costing around $375.00 . It has 35mm
 ,120mm & 4x5 capabilities . several photo magazines have given it rave
 revues . If you can save up for it you will not be disappointed . I feel
 it is a very good value for your money .
 chip renner >>
Following this thread, I have seen the Canon1240 U advertised in several
photo mags, and supposedly , I say with some degree of caution, you can scan
ANY neg sizes up to 4X5, plus whatever flat print work you would like , price
is about $299.00, saw it in B&H photo catlogue I think, just FWIW