----- Original Message -----
From: "cfowler" <cfowl...@tampabay.rr.com>

> I am getting ready to order the zero 6x9 multiformat pinhole
> camera, has anybody used this camera's ? is it worth 200 Bucks ?

I don't own the camera, but I've seen it and -as I have said before, the darn
thing is  a beauty, no question about it.  From the point of view of
craftmanship I'd say it is worth the 200 american pesos and I'd bet its
pinhole-photographic functionality is up there, too.

> I have mostly used large format camera's, I have a big 5x7 view
> camera, I dont think it be hard to convert to pinhole

A view camera hardly needs any thing done to it to convert it to pinhole camera,
you just basically need to use or dedicate a lens holder to mount a pinhole on
it.

>  but how do
> select the distance of the bellows ( pinhole to film plane ) ?
> is there certain rule ?

You mention the distance "pinhole to film plane", that is the focal length of
your set up.  The rule, (which is meant to be broken to suit your purposes, BTW)
is given by the formula for the "optimum" pinhole diameter.  You don't have to
use that distance, but at least it gives you a reference point from which
depart.  If you don't care in measuring pinholes and calculating "optimum"
diameters of focal lengths, then, you don't have to care in measuring the
bellows extension, either, just find by trial and error a bellows extension
point  you like the results from and that would be the "optimum" focal length
for that particular pinhole.

Guillermo