First off, the "pinhole" video cameras are actually lens
cameras with a pinhole in front of the lens to male it more
concealable.
Second, NO video camera is capable of producing
nice looking digital prints at 8x10 ot 11x14.  The resolution
just isn't there.  To make matters worse, "pinhole" security
cameras are usually low resolution even for video.

A 4x5 digital back is a VERY expensive option.  But how
about a polaroid back?  If you're going to scan the image
and make digital prints you can avoid the hassles of storing
and clearing the negatives (see the ongoing discussion in the
list...) and have a choice of color and b&w films in a wide
range of film speeds (100 to 3000).

Mike Vande Bunt

Bretton wrote:

Hi,

I know there has been some discussion of digital
pinhole cameras on the list, but not much...

Does anyone know if the cameras marketed for
surveillance purposes are very high res?  I would
assume not, but I couldn't find any ads that mentioned
resolution.

I want to buy/make a digital pinhole camera that will
produce nice looking digital prints (8x10 or 11x14)
without showing pixels.

Anyone have any suggestions, ideas, or plans for
building your own digital camera?

I use a 4x5 pinhole camera now, but find it a bit
tedious and time consuming to deal with sheet film and
developing, etc...I guess I could get a digital back,
but i assume that's an expensive option.

Thanks!

-Bretton