----- Original Message -----
From: "jaugusta" <jaugu...@adelphia.net>

> Hello!  Newbie here, just getting my first posts all of which ask why no
> one's posting!  Is this a joke?

Yes and no!  This list goes into "remission" for couple of days from time to
time. Usually hapens around holidays, I guess we can consider the Olympics
as holidays!!.  Having said that, this list is quite prolific, a quick look
to the archives would confirm that.

> Well, I'll ask a question then.  I removed the lens from a $2  35 mm
camera
> and replaced it with a pinhole I made with the usual size 10 needle.
Fuzzy
> heaven!  Way past interesting distortion too!  Anyone have a (not so
> technical) way for making a pinhole camera out of a cheapo  35 mm CVS
> special?

I'd guess that camera has a focal length of between 35mm and 50mm, a better
needle to use to make the pinhole would be a #15.  You already managed to
remove the lens, install a pinhole and make images with it, you already
modified, successfully, your CVS, what you need to do is to make a new
pinhole with a #15 needle and give it another try.  BTW, I'd use a f/stop of
f/180 if the pinhole is made with the #15 needle.

Guillermo