In a message dated 11/11/01 3:40:51 PM Central Standard Time,
guy.glori...@sympatico.ca writes:

<< Have you had any problems with bent septums?  I understand that you have
to be
 quite careful with them or your Grafmatic gets stuck very quickly (and you
get
 pretty mad at it and throw it in the dust bin...).
 Guy

No, Guy, I havent had any problems (keeping my fingers crossed  for luck
here) and I have been using them quite a while. For me, I just take my time
into the back, if there is ANY sign of resistance in loading I stop , back
track , wait a  minute or two so I might my focus/composure and become
patient again, but then I again, I am slow to load regular film holders(4X5)
or even my Hasselblad backs . I figure the extra time it might take to load
something I feel comfortable with , will pay off in the end , And, of course
that is not to say I dont scratch the films occasionally/rarely, but that is
all part of the loading responsibility  I accept. Bottom line, for me, it
just requires intense concentration, probably more  than for  most people
<grin>

dalf...@aol.com