I just read about a new Epson called the Perfection 2450 Photo that has an
optical resolution of 2400 dpi (2400x4800) and a dMax of 3.4 and includes a 4x5
transparency adapter. It lists for $399. I'm trying to get one for my schools
lab but they aren't due out till next week. The Canoscan 2400 has had good
reviews
too and has similar specs and price range. The problem with flat beds are that
they look at the slide or neg. through a layer of glass.

--
Chris Peregoy | http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~peregoy | http://imda.umbc.edu/