Like many others, I also use the [pinhole-discussion] as a way of filtering my email messages and routing list messages directly into my pinhole-discussion mail box. I appreciate that it would present a problem to many people if it were removed. Likewise, changing it would also be disruptive to people who use it to filter their mail and who would have to change their filters to the new [list name].

By way of explanation, "pinhole-discussion" is the name the list server (computer) knows us by. We send our email to pinhole-discussion@p at ???????. The pinhole-discussion list is one of two pinhole lists sent from this server (the other is the pinhole "news" at http://???????/diary/mailRequest.html) and also one of many lists of all kinds sent at this server. In a list of all lists from the server, our list shows up as "pinhole-discussion". I like to keep things simple and honest and that's why I used the actual name of the list as the [list name] in the subject when setting up the list.

Technically, it is very easy to change. But it would impact a number of members. Unless there is a compelling need to change it and general agreement among members, I don't think we should change it.

Gregg