Gregg Kemp wrote:

> I was about to post a similar request as Ed's.  For those of you who are new
> to the list, please read and follow the list "rules".  One of these rules is
> to post "plain text" only to the list.  HTML is for web pages and text is for
> email.  If you doing things like setting your background to gray, then you
> are sending your mail as HTML, not plain >>>text.

And if your text comes through the mail colored or formatted, you are
sending your mail as html, not plain text. It seems that some newer
internet users with newer browser/mail packages are sending mail in html
without knowing it. Since I was brought up on the internet on the idea
that mail should always go as plain text, I don't understand why mail
programs would set mail to html as a default, but apparently that's the
case with some. So it would be good for all of us to check and make sure
that we're sending plain text. Happy New Year all,
Katharine Thayer