At school we had this idea to make a giant puzzle that had 8x10 pieces
that would be distributed to all the students.  Everyone would then
create an image and mount it to their puzzle piece.  Then we would put it
to together on the gallery floor.  The idea is that when the puzzle is
put together, the individual images and concepts would form one huge (and
profound?) collective concept or image.  Anyway... that was the idea.  We
never did it.

This group gives me another idea.  Someone mentioned making a book that
would circulate throughout the group, an image being added each time.
What about a puzzle?  We could buy or create a archival puzzle that has
fairly big pieces (2" across?), create a box for it and send it
throughout the group.  Each person would make a small image, print it,
and adhere it to a puzzle piece.  The next person would put their image
on a piece that attached to the previous piece.  The puzzle could
circulate throughout the group until it was completed and sent back to
where it started.  There it could be assembled and photographed.  The
cost of the prints could be established and everyone could chip in and
get a print.  This way we could include as many as 100 (or more) people
and the only costs would be the puzzle, sending the puzzle around and the
cost of one print for each participant.

Imagine 100 pieces from all over the world.  100 visions, 100 ideas, 100
little worlds, all connected to form one image.  I think it would be
fantastic to see how the images relate to one another.  How people
connect the images and make the puzzle unified.  The original puzzle
could then be donated to a museum (or even auctioned off to cover all the
costs)  Wouldn't it be a fantastic piece of artwork?

We could have checkpoints (volunteers to scan the puzzle and place it
online) so that we could see the progress.  I would think that somthing
like this would only take a couple of years to complete... but would last
forever.  100 photographers, complete strangers, making little pieces of
themselves and fitting them together.  Fantastic...

                ~Levi