William Erickson wrote:

 I've lately gotten the mystical notion that light actively
> wants to form images, and that only by exploring a wide variety of methods
> and cicumstances for capturing these images can we really appreciate and
> understand what is in the air around us.

What a remarkable thought. I'm still caught in that wide-eyed gosh-gee
state of the pinhole newbie, where the magic of it has me spellbound and
I can't wait to see the next picture, so this idea has real appeal to
me.  I'm getting a sense of the same kind of excitement, looking through
the wonderful book of William Henry Fox Talbot's photographs which was
published recently. Just think how amazing that must have for him to
capture those images.

Thanks,
Katharine