The SX-70 backs are quite expensive.  They weren't cheap when
Polaroid was still making them and now they fetch collector prices.
The price is comparable to the price, new, of a Polaroid 545i back.
If you're going to build a camera around a Polaroid back, the 545 is
better than the SX-70 because it takes a wide variety of film (b&w
and color) with speeds from 100 to 3000 (yes, three thousand!) and
is about twice the size of the SX-70 prints.  Polaroid peel apart
films are also quite a bit sharper than the integral films.

Mike Vande Bunt