Did you guys know; Polaroid DOES sell just the BACKS to their cameras? (the "magazine" part ) Logically, it seems easier to me to start by buying one of these, and then build the camera body onto it, rather than starting from the opposite direction??
--
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Edwin Gendron

If Polaroid makes an SX-70 back, I cannot find it on their website. But it certainly may exist. I also cannot find the SX-70 base for the Daylab slide printer. I saw a demonstration of one a couple of years ago. It looked like just the thing to build a pinhole camera around. After exposing the film, you just pushed a button to eject the picture. The problem was cost - $200-300 range as I recall.

Have those of you who have adapted existing cameras been able to by-pass the autoexposure mode and get manual exposure and still get the film to eject?

Tom

Thomas Harvey
Department of Geography
Portland State University